- Over the next 15 years #mmWave #5G will contribute $565 billion to global GDP. Fully realising this growth will req… https://t.co/jFlwg9RJAt https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1175016759369199616
- In developed countries, high spectrum costs played a significant role in slowing the roll out of #4G networks and d… https://t.co/61uIUN5b6k https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1174654371012866049
- RT @GSMA: The #mobile industry is dedicated to acting on climate change and our committed and progressive operators are pushing smart mobil…https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1174383737662054403
- We are now offering our Children and Mobile Technology Capacity Building course in French. Register today!… https://t.co/IOdp3Syv1A https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1174363357111050240
- This week @JadeNester - Director of Consumer Policy at @GSMA - spoke to @ITU about #privacy, trust and how streamli… https://t.co/HXITSv94ut https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1172529452108124165
- The #GSMAPolicy team would like to thank the @ITU for awarding us with a certificate of recognition and appreciatio… https://t.co/GIzTXgTm0Q https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1172145709656748032
- The #GSMA's ‘The Impact of Spectrum Prices on Consumers’ report provides strong evidence to directly link high spec… https://t.co/a5dGFSLaeG https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1172086554296291331
- “By creating horizontally-applicable #privacy frameworks, governments can simplify both compliance for organisation… https://t.co/FtBoVpBoNO https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1172080019834904576
- How can regulators, policymakers, and industry work together to create an environment for the digital economy that… https://t.co/vY5s0qje1e https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1171808262594990080
- “Empowering women is key to closing the digital gender divide” shared Belinda Exelby, Head of International Relatio… https://t.co/bsp39mr3DI https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1171797528611872768
Ever since the introduction of the first digital cellular services for commercial use in the 1990s, mobile networks have spread, evolved and changed our world. Massive infrastructure investment and competition among mobile operators, supported by enabling policies and regulation, have led to continual improvements in network speed and quality and have extended the reach of mobile services to the most remote rural communities.
The GSMA believes that a country’s citizens benefit most when the private and public sectors work together in a spirit of openness and trust, as policymakers and regulators create the conditions that can attract telecoms investment, encourage innovation and strengthen digital trust.
This is why we are committed to supporting governments and regulators in their efforts to introduce pro-investment telecommunications policies. The Mobile Policy Handbook: An Insider’s Guide to the Issues is part of the GSMA’s efforts to promote such collaboration. A unique resource that assembles a range of policy topics and mobile industry positions and initiatives under one cover, it acts as a signpost to regulatory best practice.
As the global trade association of mobile operators, the GSMA conducts and commissions research on policy trends and challenges in the fast-moving mobile communications market. This handbook draws on the association’s unique insight into the mobile sector and presents it in a practical way for those who want to explore the issues and unleash the value of mobile technology in their own market.
In this seventh edition of the Mobile Policy Handbook, new policy topics and industry positions have been introduced covering areas such as 5G and spectrum sharing. Throughout the book, the content has been refreshed with up-to-date statistics, new resources and industry insights