- RT @GSMA: #5G will transform our lives for the better, changing the way we interact with the world. But is it safe? Find out more in the v…https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1268178840985182214
- RT @GSMAEurope: 📢 Today at 13.00 CET join @GSMAEurope and @ETNOAssociation online event "#5G: Empowering Recovery and Fighting Misinformati…https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1268122873136328704
- As governments turn their attention to supporting #5G rollouts, regulators face the daunting challenge of deciding… https://t.co/2oSD4wTRWv https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1268120241596321792
- This free micro course invites governments and regulators to consider a number of measures to ensure the #mobile se… https://t.co/inH5FsR8Ld https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1266293385737822216
- RT @GSMAEurope: Did you miss 'Holland Digital House' 🇳🇱 online event? The event recording is now available. Hear from some of the most inn…https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1265933107548622851
- It is vital for regulators to assess their options when developing a #5G licensing approach that suits mobile opera… https://t.co/NDsduhmQ6E https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1265583524171653120
- Learning from mobile operators across the Asia-Pacific region, a new @GSMA report looks at how more efficient usage… https://t.co/X8QE5sbaJD https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1265279828543979520
- RT @GSMAEurope: Join us on 3 June for an online conversation co-hosted by leading MEPs, @GSMAEurope and @ETNOAssociation, to discuss the ro…https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1265195066647293953
- This free micro course invites governments and regulators to consider a number of measures to ensure the #mobile se… https://t.co/Hx9euHDxNc https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1263771584889667586
- RT @GSMA: Learn more about the role of #mobile networks in the fight against #COVID19 in this latest publication from #GSMA’s #AI4Impact te…https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1263765237217591296
Ever since the introduction of the first digital cellular services for commercial use in the 1990s, mobile networks have spread, evolved and changed our world. Massive infrastructure investment and competition among mobile operators, supported by enabling policies and regulation, have led to continual improvements in network speed and quality and have extended the reach of mobile services to the most remote rural communities.
The GSMA believes that a country’s citizens benefit most when the private and public sectors work together in a spirit of openness and trust, as policymakers and regulators create the conditions that can attract telecoms investment, encourage innovation and strengthen digital trust.
This is why we are committed to supporting governments and regulators in their efforts to introduce pro-investment telecommunications policies. The Mobile Policy Handbook: An Insider’s Guide to the Issues is part of the GSMA’s efforts to promote such collaboration. A unique resource that assembles a range of policy topics and mobile industry positions and initiatives under one cover, it acts as a signpost to regulatory best practice.
As the global trade association of mobile operators, the GSMA conducts and commissions research on policy trends and challenges in the fast-moving mobile communications market. This handbook draws on the association’s unique insight into the mobile sector and presents it in a practical way for those who want to explore the issues and unleash the value of mobile technology in their own market.
In this seventh edition of the Mobile Policy Handbook, new policy topics and industry positions have been introduced covering areas such as 5G and spectrum sharing. Throughout the book, the content has been refreshed with up-to-date statistics, new resources and industry insights