- Digitising person to government (P2G) payments using mobile money brings many opportunities and will strengthen dom… https://t.co/DCJ2MPNTGw https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1150816860440539136
- 21% of adults have a mobile money account in SSA - almost ½ of them do not have access to any other financial servi… https://t.co/IcYR6dnkLn https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1150816190463401984
- @NicolasFichers is speaking today at the @GSMA’s Policy Leaders Forum at #M360 #Africa on how reforming taxes on mo… https://t.co/CJ4ZyRJ76p https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1150785568252600320
- For regulators and policymakers attending the #Mobile360 #Africa Policy Leaders Forum day, join the Capacity Buildi… https://t.co/1ve3V62KF9 https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1150693927760093189
- To realise the benefits of the #DigitalEconomy, citizens need to trust in new technologies. Data #privacy laws play… https://t.co/waNjcLncbg https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1149287223759474688
- Great feedback from students on our Capacity Building 5 day CTPR Master Class training course run in partnership wi… https://t.co/mZ5AJVQJYV https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1148972766655369217
- Many countries across Africa and around the world are implementing #data #privacy laws for the first time. What has… https://t.co/x5XY4o27Au https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1148915893415632897
- To reap the benefits of a mobile society, there has never been a greater need for governments to develop policies t… https://t.co/QaXysEmwLr https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1148592642155896832
- Register for this course today to learn more about the challenges and opportunities public and private sectors face… https://t.co/r1JRMS8ERe https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1148562443158925313
- For governments that want their country to benefit from the best possible #mobile broadband, support for technology… https://t.co/lIqUzlxnyO https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/1148230256903512064
Ever since the introduction of the first digital cellular services for commercial use in the 1990s, mobile networks have spread, evolved and changed our world. Massive infrastructure investment and competition among mobile operators, supported by enabling policies and regulation, have led to continual improvements in network speed and quality and have extended the reach of mobile services to the most remote rural communities.
The GSMA believes that a country’s citizens benefit most when the private and public sectors work together in a spirit of openness and trust, as policymakers and regulators create the conditions that can attract telecoms investment, encourage innovation and strengthen digital trust.
This is why we are committed to supporting governments and regulators in their efforts to introduce pro-investment telecommunications policies. The Mobile Policy Handbook: An Insider’s Guide to the Issues is part of the GSMA’s efforts to promote such collaboration. A unique resource that assembles a range of policy topics and mobile industry positions and initiatives under one cover, it acts as a signpost to regulatory best practice.
As the global trade association of mobile operators, the GSMA conducts and commissions research on policy trends and challenges in the fast-moving mobile communications market. This handbook draws on the association’s unique insight into the mobile sector and presents it in a practical way for those who want to explore the issues and unleash the value of mobile technology in their own market.
In this seventh edition of the Mobile Policy Handbook, new policy topics and industry positions have been introduced covering areas such as 5G and spectrum sharing. Throughout the book, the content has been refreshed with up-to-date statistics, new resources and industry insights