- #MobileMoneyMetrics charts the industry’s success in increasing #financialinclusion in developing countries over th… https://t.co/TZkvUjE19k https://twitter.com/GSMAMobileMoney/status/1044460252035522560
- .@ClaireScharwatt encourages those interested in scaling #internationalremittances through #mobilemoney to join for… https://t.co/pBcKVOSlIQ https://twitter.com/GSMAMobileMoney/status/1044151976425123841
- RT @MastercardMEA: The launch of the Mastercard virtual card known as #MTNMoMocard will ensure MTN’s ability to provide its customers with…https://twitter.com/GSMAMobileMoney/status/1043120896406446080
- RT @UNCDFMM4P: Why is #FinancialInclusion important for #farmers? It means increased access to markets and financing and a reduction in tra…https://twitter.com/GSMAMobileMoney/status/1043119627797192704
- Hear from Polycarp Ndekana of @VodacomTanzania on the benefits and impacts that #internationalremittances via… https://t.co/kyEy8pNejp https://twitter.com/GSMAMobileMoney/status/1042722556841783297
Mobile Money Programme
Accelerating the mobile money ecosystem for the underserved
Our mission is to support our members and industry stakeholders to increase the utility and sustainability of mobile money services and increase financial inclusion.
Two billion people remain unbanked, without access to safe, secure and affordable financial services. The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is working with mobile operators and industry stakeholders to create a robust mobile money ecosystem, which will increase the relevancy and utility of these services, and ensure their sustainability.
To truly transform the financial lives of underserved people, mobile money must become a central monetisation mechanism, universally available across a greater range of digital transactions. By making mobile money more central to the financial lives of these users, greater financial inclusion, economic empowerment and economic growth can be achieved.
The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Mastercard Foundation and Omidyar Network.
Technology is changing the way we access a range of products and services, from viewing digital content to ...Read more
In this video series we hear from certified providers on what the GSMA Mobile Money Certification is, the ...Read more
The business models in mobile-enabled water services are fast evolving towards a promising future. Through ...Read more
We spoke to key players in the mobile money industry about international remittances, in the context of what ...Read more
In our 2017 Edition of The State of The Industry report, we highlighted an increase in funds entering and ...Read more
We’re pleased to release the first in a series of insight papers exploring trends in the 2017 State ...Read more
Every day in India, over 500 million people practice open defecation that could lead to adverse health ...Read more
Our Mobile for Development (M4D) Utilities team held a two-day event in Kigali, prior to also supporting ...Read more
Our recent research on the future of agent networks explored how the composition, structure, ownership and ...Read more