- RT @NewsAFI: Did you know? Through the @GSMA Connected Women Commitment Initiative, 24 operators have made commitments to reduce the #gende…https://twitter.com/GSMAMobileMoney/status/1108316676100157441
- #Mobilemoney’s sleeping giants could unlock over 110 million accounts in the next five years. What challenges will… https://t.co/0vPPFYFcEm https://twitter.com/GSMAMobileMoney/status/1107943922830061568
- RT @GSMAm4d: Fewer than 34% of women in Ghana have #MobileMoney accounts. @MTNGhana is working to close this #gendergap by empowering femal…https://twitter.com/GSMAMobileMoney/status/1107592857257500674
- Discover how #mobilemoney providers can leverage online marketplaces to adopt a platform-based business model. Rea… https://t.co/xLnIhBIOgv https://twitter.com/GSMAMobileMoney/status/1106174294441320448
- RT @MastercardFdn: Our @MCFoundationFRP announces the 5 most recent projects to benefit from our support as we help to expand #financialinc…https://twitter.com/GSMAMobileMoney/status/1106173081842839552
Mobile Money Programme
Accelerating the mobile money ecosystem for the underserved
Our mission is to support our members and industry stakeholders to increase the utility and sustainability of mobile money services and increase financial inclusion.
Two billion people remain unbanked, without access to safe, secure and affordable financial services. The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is working with mobile operators and industry stakeholders to create a robust mobile money ecosystem, which will increase the relevancy and utility of these services, and ensure their sustainability.
To truly transform the financial lives of underserved people, mobile money must become a central monetisation mechanism, universally available across a greater range of digital transactions. By making mobile money more central to the financial lives of these users, greater financial inclusion, economic empowerment and economic growth can be achieved.
The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Mastercard Foundation and Omidyar Network.
For over a decade, mobile money has been driving financial inclusion, opening access to digital transactions ...Read more
In a previous blog, we highlighted how mobile money still remains largely focused on individual customers ...Read more
Like all financial institutions, mobile money providers have a responsibility to identify their customers and ...Read more
Launched in 2018, the GSMA Mobile Money Certification is a global initiative to bring safer, more ...Read more
‘Transforming Women’s Lives with Mobile’: A Panel Discussion Hosted by the GSMA at UNGA 2018. A ...Read more
In a previous blog, we shared our early insights into the mobile money industry’s transition towards a ...Read more
Opportunity presented by Enterprise customers In a previous blog, we highlighted how mobile money still ...Read more
The biggest annual event in the mobile industry is less than three weeks away. Join the Mobile for ...Read more
The impact of mobile money in expanding financial inclusion is well-proven, with 272 deployments in 90 ...Read more
According to the GSMA 2017 State of the Industry Report on Mobile Money, Sub-Saharan Africa alone has 135 ...Read more