- The Mobile Money Leadership Forum returns on 18 July at #Mobile360 Africa! Find out more and register now to secure… https://t.co/ucizBaeXxP https://twitter.com/GSMAMobileMoney/status/1130438525940305920
- The @GSMAm4d team are looking for an energetic Marketing Specialist to support our industry-leading work in the fie… https://t.co/gruHhqxRmh https://twitter.com/GSMAMobileMoney/status/1130427719517462528
- RT @FiDAPartnership: Have you registered yet? Join us for this webinar with @NaghaviNika from @GSMA on May 21. Details and registration he…https://twitter.com/GSMAMobileMoney/status/1130410952388747264
- RT @GSMAm4d: Is #mobilemoney the future of cash and voucher assistance (CVA)? Join this webinar on May 21 presented by @jencasswell and @Be…https://twitter.com/GSMAMobileMoney/status/1130410754048516096
- RT @Cvllr: 🌍 « We’ve created a joint-venture with @MTNGroup to create a platform for the interoperability of mobile money in #Africa » Qui…https://twitter.com/GSMAMobileMoney/status/1129301997256151041
Mobile Money Programme
Accelerating the mobile money ecosystem for the underserved
Our mission is to support our members and industry stakeholders to increase the utility and sustainability of mobile money services and increase financial inclusion.
Two billion people remain unbanked, without access to safe, secure and affordable financial services. The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is working with mobile operators and industry stakeholders to create a robust mobile money ecosystem, which will increase the relevancy and utility of these services, and ensure their sustainability.
To truly transform the financial lives of underserved people, mobile money must become a central monetisation mechanism, universally available across a greater range of digital transactions. By making mobile money more central to the financial lives of these users, greater financial inclusion, economic empowerment and economic growth can be achieved.
The GSMA Mobile Money Programme is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Mastercard Foundation and Omidyar Network.
For over a decade, mobile money has been driving financial inclusion, opening access to digital transactions ...Read more
In a previous blog, we highlighted how mobile money still remains largely focused on individual customers ...Read more
Like all financial institutions, mobile money providers have a responsibility to identify their customers and ...Read more
Launched in 2018, the GSMA Mobile Money Certification is a global initiative to bring safer, more ...Read more
‘Transforming Women’s Lives with Mobile’: A Panel Discussion Hosted by the GSMA at UNGA 2018. A ...Read more
In a previous blog, we shared our early insights into the mobile money industry’s transition towards a ...Read more
Opportunity presented by Enterprise customers In a previous blog, we highlighted how mobile money still ...Read more
The biggest annual event in the mobile industry is less than three weeks away. Join the Mobile for ...Read more
The impact of mobile money in expanding financial inclusion is well-proven, with 272 deployments in 90 ...Read more
According to the GSMA 2017 State of the Industry Report on Mobile Money, Sub-Saharan Africa alone has 135 ...Read more