- With the #GDPR going live on 25 May, the @GSMA reflects on the key ingredients of smart privacy regulation for poli… https://t.co/9EoZp7rhfW https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/998918174816030721
- Happy #WTISD day! No industry is better placed than ours to help accelerate the achievement of the #SDGs. Here are… https://t.co/ExBnSUVpbK https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/997127062509977601
- RT @MatsGranryd: On World Telecoms Day, read how how #mobile technology, #BD4SG and #AI are helping to predict air pollution up to two days…https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/997067164720025600
- Are you @RightsCon? Join @Jasmina_Byrne @YNissim @jessiekmayberry & @jaxson who will be sharing insights into how w… https://t.co/0YHNi7Dz7V https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/997050132465094656
- Our Head of Public Policy and Consumer Affairs, Natasha Jackson was on stage at the second annual G20 Consumer Summ… https://t.co/Ubcth31ItD https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/996765397100777472
- GSMA latest report: Central America’s mobile economy is being left behind. Urgent policy reforms needed to deliver… https://t.co/rIHRJmSEuj https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/995934674827476998
- RT @GSMAEurope: 🆕@GSMA - @ETNOAssociation publication shows how the currently proposed #ePR will impact products and services that are crit…https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/989813201457106944
- RT @GSMA: The #GSMA’s @Ramat_Tejani shares details on how the GSMA is celebrating @ITU’s International #GirlsInICT day this week https://t.…https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/989194779471896578
- RT @GSMA: GSMA Marks International Girls In ICT Day With Events Around The World https://t.co/7YqRgRKsGK https://t.co/oglVD1JuJJ https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/989116319898497024
- The Bangladesh country overview press briefing on April 22 highlighted the need for a spectrum roadmap and a revise… https://t.co/Wai2Thyhua https://twitter.com/GSMAPolicy/status/989092071234506752
Unlocking the full potential of mobile
Our mission is to advance policy and regulation that enables a safe, sustainable and innovative mobile sector for all.
Mobile technologies enhance the lives of billions of people, providing them with an unprecedented ability to communicate and express themselves, access information, conduct business, and take advantage of useful and entertaining apps and services wherever they are.
While market forces drive the industry, governments shape the mobile economy by setting the policies and regulations that, ideally, will deliver the best results and consumer protections to citizens. The GSMA engages with policymakers and regulators to advance policy discourse, contribute market research and analysis, and convey the perspectives of the mobile industry across the wide range of issues that surround the digital economy and society.
What is agreed by all parties is that a healthy, competitive and sustainable mobile sector is needed to deliver the full potential of the digital society to people everywhere.